Re: Re: SUBCULT CONFUSION!

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 17:02:48 -0800

> Ok, this will propably clear up when I get my hands on a copy of TR to
> call my own. I just started thinking that many of the subcults seemed to
> fine-tune the magic with more spesific feats and affinities. From the

Yes. The subcults usually have a bonus feat or two that gives an idea of how that subcult uses "movement" or whatever. Does this mean no-one else can use them? no, just that people outside the subcult have to put more effort into learning the feat (the HP cememnt).

> Corebook rules I got the impression that one could improvice&cement
> pretty much any storm feat from the sweeping Affinities of the Orlanth
> cult(s).

True, as long as you've got the right affinities to begin with - Orlanth Adventurous is the aspect to have if you want to improvise combat-related magic, Thunderous if you want ot play with the weather, etc. If you are devotee of Orlanth adventurous, you can't do Wind- or Storm-related magic, you can do Combat- and Movement-related magic. (yes, I know that you can probably justify combat feats from Storm or Wind - "I blow sand in his eyes", but I'm ignoring that for now).

You will never have full Devotee-level access to the feats of two Aspects of Orlanth, as you would be spending 10% of your time in Communal Worship, +20% in Initiate Worship of Aspect 1, +30% in Devotion to Aspect 1, +20% in Initiate worship of Aspect2, +30% in Devotion to Aspect2, for a total of 110% of your time/resources to your cult...

RR