Re: Re: Fyrds massing on the borders

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 17:42:57 -0800

> Hmm, but the model KoDP gives us doesn't really stretch that far either;
I'm not
> sure how much the Orlanthi go in for "total war." Raiding a neighbor until
they
> move away (which is pretty devistating physically, economically, and
magically)
> seems to be more their speed. However, the Lunars don't play that way, and
> there's really nowhere for a clan to move anymore, anyway (into the Bush
> Range?), so I suspect that the Sartar tribes are having a "military
methods"
> crisis in the early 1600s. How would you solve it?

The Old ways are over, the Hero Wars are NOW.

This is a major theme of the game - the old ways don't work anymore (whether ways of war, or commerce, or even worship) and *you*, intrepid heros that you are, need to find a new way. Along the way you'll run into other visionary geniuses (friends and enemies) and a whole lot of conservative head-in-the-sand, "If we ignore it it will go away", "the old ways have always worked and by gum we ain't gonna change", "If it was good for my Grandpa, then it's good for me" types. The fate of the family/clan/kingdom/world may be in *your* hands. Will you invent a "new way of war" like Argrath does, or will you try to make the old ways work?

RR