Re: Public relations

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 15:16:33 -0000

I guessed we'd see something like this when I saw that Rick was selling preview copies. . .

I didn't buy one, because I know I will be buying the finished product - hopefully around Christmas, but probably in the New Year (not that I doubt Rick's desire or ability to get it done in time, but International Christmas Shipping always seems to knock things back a couple of weeks) - So I am more than happy that Rick and David Dunham et al spend their time in ensuring the final product is ready and error free rather than having to constantly field questions based on something that they have already corrected since the draft was prepared.

It's not anything particularly new though. Con Books have been a part of Gloranthan fandom for a long time (probably as long as there have been Gloranthan Conventions) and members of the GTA had early access to the rules for both Hero Wars and Hero Quest 1.