RE: Re: SUBCULT CONFUSION!

From: Grawe, Philipp <pgrawe_at_...>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 14:12:31 +1100

> From: Guy Hoyle [mailto:ghoyle1_at_...]
> >Initiates can NEVER cement Feats. N-E-V-E-R. Devotees are the ONLY
> >ones who cna cement feats. Even Devotees must improvise
> feats they do
> >not KNOW.
>
> All right, this is obviously something that confuses me greatly. When a
> devotee wants to use a listed feat, he gets it at whatever his Affinity
> score is, right? Is it only the listed feats? I thought he'd get
> improvised feats at the same level, but I'm beginning to think I'm mistaken
> here (I thought only Initiates get penalized when they improvise a Feat,
> for some reason). Would he have to cement an improvised feat to get it at
> the same level as his Affinity?

I think you need to spend some time re-reading the rules, because it's all fairly clearly detailed there.

  1. Initiates do not ever get feats. Any feat they would like to imitate must be improvised at a -3 penalty.
  2. Devotees can use the feats they know at no improvisational penalty
  3. Devotees can use the feats they don't know must be improvised, again at a -3 penalty.
  4. Characters who are devotees when they are generated get all feats for the relevent affinities.
  5. Characters who become devotees during play have to gain their feats individually during play (by improvising and cementing with a hero point).

Harry.