RE: Public relations

From: chris jensen <chrisjensenromer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 22:10:41 +0000

Interesting discussion. I'm just playing catch up so I apologize if much of what I am going to say has been said before or the discussion has ended.

  1. I asked on thsi list, and I'm sure it is easy enough to find, if HQ2.0 would be available at Continuum. I was led to believe it would not, so that was a deciding factor in my not going. :( The lack of money was the real reason
  2. The pre-release sounds like an excllent idea, in widening the number of playtesters. One rpg company I write for have two rounds of intensive (three months) palytesting, with a core edition having 200+ people involved in that process. As an author I must say it massively improves the final product, and if its economically feasible it's great.
  3. We have waited a long time for HQ2.0 and i don't mind waiting a few more months. The danger of a generally available pre-rerlease is the negative feedback from the weaknesses of what is essentially a draft can impact on final sales of the wonderful finished product. :) I have seen first rounmd playtesters for some products say "we will not be buying this" even though the final product has changed massively to reflect their criticisms. Luckily they get free copies anyway. I hasten to add these are not HQ products, but with a small market share it is even more important to limit draft circulation I guess?
  4. There is vast amounts of gloranthan material I will never get to see. It saddens me, but I just make it up for my game :)

Hope everyone had a splendid time at Cointinuum. I did not get to see any HQ at GENCON, was there any? I was running Freeform LARPS so had limited time to look. Anyway hope everyone is enjoying their gloranthan gaming,

cj x

Get all your favourite content with the slick new MSN Toolbar - FREE http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/111354027/direct/01/