Re: Removing the 'smell of wee' from HeroQuest

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 09:54:08 -0800

Darran

>If there is a Tie though the Instigator wins the Marginal Victory. There is
>no comparing of the dice results or numbers just a comparison of the Success
>Results.

Well, that's certainly an encouragement to act first.

I suspect that this puts an awful lot in the hands of the GM. If she declares that the NPCs instigate (which of course they should since it gives them the best odds), then the PCs are going to suffer. Not to discount your own playtesting, but I don't think it's going to work in a lot of groups.

--

David Dunham