Re: Re: Celibate Vingans?

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 18:28:48 +1100

Greg gave us the official perspective on vingans and marriage:

> Vingans seldom marry, but the cult holds no official position on it.
> Vingans are free to enjoy short- or long-term relationships as their
duties
> allow. Concerns of sex, marriage or most personal concerns are not within
> the purview of the cult.

If the Vingan concerned has surrendered her fertility, there will be no offspring from the union - at least until such time as she retires from the cult and regains her fertility. I'm not sure how many vingans would take this path. If there will be no children, or only a small chance of children, the clan won't have as much interest in these unions. I'd expect that bed-mate and love-mate arrangements (KOS 243) would be most common.

John