Re: Praxian Magical Societies

From: L C <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 00:03:21 -0400

David wrote:

>I have not been able to find any information on the Praxian magical
societies (the serpent dancers, sunset society, etc.).

Probably doesn't exist.

>Also, if anyone has any thoughts:
>
>(1) Are the magical societies simply hero bands, or are they actually
a cult or religion?

Not sure there is a huge difference when you get down to it. I suspect either could work.

>(2) What kind of magic do they practice? I suppose the logical answer
is shamanism, but that makes them indistinguishable from other Praxian magicians.

Well, if they are hero bands, they get the guardian's magic, so that already makes them different. (I would likely rule that common magic, but could still be spirit-based, of course.)

If they are a religion, it doesn't have to be "shamanism". Most religions in Glorantha are mixed (or so I've been given to understand) so you could make it a mix of whatever magic you wanted, really. LC