Re: HQ 2

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 09:47:33 -0700

Adam

>So they're will be ways to increase skills( or whatever they are
>called in Heroquest)? Will there be a cap on skills?

Nobody involved in the development process was aware that anything was broken with the previous system of ability increase and lack of caps. So it remains unchanged.

(The cost structures associated with Gloranthan magic have been dropped.)

LC

>So presumably wildly different ranges of stats haven't been removed from
>the system, even with this "base power level" shift.

You can still have multiple masteries, because there are no caps. Of course, it's no easier to defeat a target number that's W2 better than yours, and there's no more augment quest that can gain you +30 to make it approachable. So I wouldn't expect to see wildly different ranges within a story. But YGWV.

--

David Dunham