Re: HQ 2

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_...>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 12:33:51 -0700 (PDT)

Simon says:
> Augments are slightly changed. Now the augment you get depends on the level

> of success in the augment contest, so the absolute maximum you can ever get
> is a one mastery bonus (a bump) if the augment contest is a complete victory,
> but usually augments will be much lower. In previous editions it was often possible
> to game the system to consistently gain large augments and although it would
> take testing to be sure, the new approach looks less susceptible to escalation.

I was wondering how this was going to work. I'll say it worked very well in the two games I played at Tentacles. Instead of the hunt for augments that did nothing for the story, every augment had a reason and a story result. So, I like it. The best part is that a grossly failed augment attempt is as much fun as a critical success.

Chris