Re: Freshness requirement

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 10:14:27 -0700

Trotsky

> > I don't read the freshness rule as a prohibition against using an
>> augment.
>
>In the pre-release version it wasn't an absolute prohibition,
>because it could be over-ruled, but my interpretation of the rules
>(and certainly my experience of playing the game at cons) was that
>over-ruling the requirement would be a rare and unusual event. Which
>I found distracting from the game.

I'm not trying to convince you, but one of those games was with me (a year ago), and I'm pretty sure I was emphasizing the new and different parts (one dramatically fresh augment) rather than the loopholes (but it*is* still funny the seventh time). As a con game with new rules, I felt a bit crunched on time. The game might not have been representative of a typical campaign game.

In our games the freshness requirement doesn't seem to be a major issue for players.

--

David Dunham