Re: Augment timing

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 17:23:38 -0000

> I think this is just a matter of narrative style, I would tend towards each contest being discrete in the in game world timeline, so inspiration based on a relationship would potentially be a moment of mental preparation and reflection before the main contest.
>
> I prefer this mainly because I want the augment to be a contest that has equal weight in the storyline: it happens even if the main contest is not as expected. And so, even if the bonus is not utilsed or a loss in the main contest seems to negate the augments purpose, at least the augment contest had some meaning in and of itself.

My own preference is that augments have to be things you actualy do, and not just feelings or emotions. Even if the ability being used is something intangible such as a relationship or feeling, the augment should be evident to anyone else present such as making an orration, swearing an oath or revealing a secret.

Simon Hibbs