Re: Re: Celibate Babeester?

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 08:11:29 -0800

At 09:20 PM 2/16/2001 +1300, you wrote:
>Speaking of which I see that Babeester Gor devotees cannot bear
>children (HW:RiG p49). I am uncertain whether this means they
>can not have any children, or whether they flip out and go beserk
>with their axe whenever they are confronted by one. I think in
>the light of the two humakti philosophies concerning love (recently
>revealed on this forum), that the Babeester are similarly divided
>over this matter.

Maran Gor has two fighitng subcults
Maran Devor, the Club Goddess who has no restrictions on sex or marriage Erantha Gor, Axe Goddess, who does not allow marriage.

Babeester Gor, a separate entity (who has many remarkably close attibutes to the above) one one of those monomanial sngle purpose focussed fanatical entities: revenge. She was never in the land of the living, born from a dead mother, pursuing dead end objectives (once revenge is accomplished, the worshipper has no purpose in life) is an expression of constant pain and suffering while in the land of the living. She can not be touched, she has no fertility possible.

Greg Stafford
Issaries, Inc. 900 Murmansk St., Suite 5; Oakland, CA 94607 Phone: (510) 452 1648 Fax: (510) 302 0385 Publisher of Hero Wars, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>