Re: Air-related birds (was Associating runes with affinities from older

From: David Millians <millians.david_at_...>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 16:06:21 -0000

Re: Air-related birds (was Associating runes with affinities from older

>Could you give some examples on birds associated to Air, please? This
>is of interest to me, since in my campaign a Vingan wants to have a
>bird companion.
>
>Thanks.
>
>-Sergi Díaz

        In Aggar, there are many birds associated with Air, though as in many things, native Aggari lore tends to be vague about such things. The Thunder Birds spirit path draws power from the Orlanthi pantheon through shamans, and each of the "old gods," including more-or-less outlawed Orlanth, has an associated birds, mostly local species of raptors.

        Zoologists and other lowland scholars continue to debate the true nature of these animals. Local hunters are happy to charge them exorbitant rates for birding expeditions into the mist-filled forests.

        David