Re: Air-related birds (was Associating runes with affinities from ol

From: Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 14:24:01 -0000

Chris:
> Apparently, Glorantha has so twisted my brain that I never even
> considered ducks as "birds." Everyone knows they are humanoid
> (very -oid).

I have a Basmoli duck gladiator, Runk Squallheart. He's accompanied by the pygmy ostrich-rider shaman (which order do I put those words in?) "Dr" Pungi Deepnose, who acts as his agent, trainer, media liaison and sports psychologist [1].

Pungi casts the ostrich riders' cult spell Magnify Bird [2] on Runk before his bouts. It seems to work. This definitive research proves that ducks are birds.

[1] Pungi claims to have a Myth.D. in Bloodsports Legendry via a correspondence course from the University of Sog City. How the examiners understood his knot writing, I have no idea.

[2] Tales of the Reaching Moon 14 or 15? Don't have the fella to hand.