Re: Apple Lane, the Sun Dome Temple, and Yelmalio

From: Ian Young <ian.d.young_at_...>
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 17:47:14 -0000

Thanks to Donald and Jeff for the answers I was looking for. I'm working in broad strokes, so I don't need to worry too much about precise measurements.

Jeff Richard wrote:

> However, the speed of travel is probably slower than that, as
> the only road between those places takes quite a long detour to
> the west. The Colymar Wilds and Starfire Ridges are nearly
> impassable to outsiders and the Thunder Hills are filled with
> bandits (aka friendly herdsmen).

I'm looking at a (relative) local, but someone who's never passed this far south, so I'll go with Donald's estimate of roughly three days' walk. Thanks for reminding me about the "friendly" herdsmen, though. ;)

> The Sun Dome Temple in Prax shares only the same god as the
> Sun Dome Temple in Sartar. It is completely autonomous.

Cult affiliation is really what I meant, not ongoing political or social ties. The proximal distance, and a certain cultural division is something I'm counting on.

> The cult of Yelmalio is full described in the forthcoming
> Pavis book.

I'd hoped and figured as much. Dare I ask what the connection is to Elmal?

!i!