Re: Re: Apple Lane, the Sun Dome Temple, and Yelmalio

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 19:16:04 -0700

Jeff Richard wrote:

> Without looking at the map, 40-50 miles sounds about right (Colin has
> made a properly scaled map that would give us exactly the distance,
> but that's on the other computer).
>
> However, the speed of travel is probably slower than that, as the only
> road between those places takes quite a long detour to the west. The
> Colymar Wilds and Starfire Ridges are nearly impassable to outsiders
> and the Thunder Hills are filled with bandits (aka friendly herdsmen).

We have had discussions on rates of travel before.

I know what I wrote, that 20 miles a day is possible, but that is ONLY if:

1. You know the way, or it is well marked
2. You do not have to find food.
3. You are in EXCELLENT health, young and energetic; OT it is relatively
flat (i.e.--not in Sartar.
4. You are traveling alone, or someone else in a similar conditions.
5. You do not get lost, hurt or distracted.
6. no one stops you.

If it is 40 miles in Sartar, I'd suggest that 10 miles a day is more likely for a relatively FAST party.

--
    Greg Stafford
    President, Issaries. Inc.

Love without reserve,