Fanzines (was Rule One)

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 03:48:48 -0700 (PDT)

Roderick wrote:
>I've got some great articles coming up for the next issue of Rule One,

I'm too busy working on The Coming Storm to contribute right now, but with Moon Designs focusing on the wars of Dragon Pass for some time, I would love to see the fans looking to detail areas further afield.

Pamaltela has always seemed to me to be a great opportunity for the fans. Less is known about it, and it seems to feature less in the plans of the current publishers than Genertela. I know David Dunham has done a lot of work on Umathela and Simon has looked at Fonrity and there was material in previous Tales on the Agimori.

But I would like to see more. I'd love to play the occassional game away from the Heortlings and Lunars, perhaps visiting a mighty Kresh wagon as it thunders across the plains, or plotting with blue-skinned Vadeli slaves.

I'm not really suggesting that Rule One has to be the place for this, just more reminded of the creative talent out there.

I know that there is always demand from Moon Designs for writers, but I also know that some people prefer more freedom than working for the publishers offers.

Not really sure if I have a point, other than expressing a wish.