Re: Re: odds

From: Paul King <paul_at_...>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 07:51:44 +0000

On 6 Nov 2009, at 03:17, DanWater wrote:

> Thanks everyone.
>
> Mark, this is what I suspected...that it made very little difference.
>
> That sucks because this could possibly "break" the game for me.

It is worth pointing out that the difference is slightly understated by just looking at who wins. The level of victory is also affected (rolling 11-15 is always better with 15 skill, rather than 10 - even if the result is still a victory or still a defeat).

Also, if the tie-breaking rule is changed to "highest-roll wins" the results go more strongly towards the higher skill (in that case if A with skill 15 rolls 11-15, B can only win with a Critical, instead of winning with any Success).