Re: Vinga's Skirts; Ailrene HorseHater

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 09:41:41 -0800

Gareth

> I don't see any need for a
> female warrior to carry a flag saying she is female. I am questioning why
> game designers feel a need to present this, rather than its internal
> consistancy in the Orlanthi psyche.

I believe I've already said so, but I'll say it again: it made the computer game more visually interesting.

Charles

> The bulk of what the Gloranthan community today understand Vinga to
> be has been written by Jane Williams.
>
> Vinga is what emerged from just a few hints (about three sentences in
> King of Sartar). I suggest that you contact Jane as to why Vingans
> wear overskirts and trews.

Jane may have a good explanation, but we did not consult her when we did the visual design for King of Dragon Pass.

David posted the story of Ailrene HorseHater, a cool example.

David Dunham     A Sharp     david_at_...
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404     http://a-sharp.com
Efficiency is intelligent laziness.