Re: Re: SuperHeroQuest

From: L C <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 17:51:08 -0500

I do think it boils down to niche protection, actually. But not of the "broader vs narrower". The fact is that "Godlike Strength" and "Proportional Strength of a Spider" are not easily comparable in terms of broader vs narrower. (IMHO). And "being super strong" is clearly a core part of both characters. But this is, as you say, niche protection in some way - as well as credibility for a setting. So bonuses along those lines make sense.

Now, I'm lucky in that my players would probably have no problem with this. I know players who really can't stand stuff like this.

I think we're all in agreement here, that you would have to be willing to work with the self-definition of the characters to get credibility right.

LC