Re: heortling clan chiefs an tribal kings

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 09:59:25 -0800

Pascal asked

> a) May an heortling tribal king be a clan chief at the same time?

IMO this is the most common situation. In my Ralios game (admittedly not Heortlings), some of the tribal kings let their brothers or other kin be clan chief.

> b) To be a tribal king one have to be (and remain) a clan chief ?

I don't believe this is technically a requirement. However, you need to be a powerful person to become clan chief, and kings are picked from powerful people who have the support of their people. The candidates for king are almost always clan chiefs.

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein