Using Miniatures

From: Ben <zomben_at_...>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 23:15:19 -0000

So, it seems pretty obvious that the new HeroQuest has absolutely no need for miniatures. Conflict scenes are very narrative driven and handwavey, with no need for tracking such minutiae as tactical placement with miniatures.

But, it seems to me, being both a fan of the game, and a fan of painting miniatures, that there's some way to use minis, which possibly hasn't been thought of yet.

Perhaps in more of a manner of resource tracking, scene progression, something like that.

I figured I'd just throw this out there and see what folks came up with.

Any ideas? (I'm going to cross-post this to RPG.net as well).