Re: Re: Sartar Kingdom of Heroes vs the other published material

From: Douglas Seay <douglas-seay_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 08:15:06 -0500

Jeff wrote:
>> - Is the Sartar Kingdom of Heroes campaign compatible with the Sartar Rising campaign published material? or does it replace it in the same timeline with a different course of event?

> The SKH campaign material is set before the SR material - with most of the action taking place 1618-1619.

Two years doesn't matter that much for a source book, does it? For the adventures, sure. But not so much for how to play a Heortling in Sartar. The main difference seems the rules, especially with HQ1's focus on subcults, and HQ2 focus on runes. I haven't noticed any glaring differences so far, and it just adds to the YGWV.

> The Whitewall book (coming out late next year after Guide to Glorantha - sorry, I can only work on one book at a time) massively expands upon the material in the SR campaign and cover the years 1620-1625 in the style of the Great Pendragon Campaign.

Then scrap all effort any wasted on Prax or Pavis and get going on this ASAP. I'm far more interested in hairy barbarians than unwashed nomads.

:-)

>> - Is the content published in Sartar Kingdom of heroes compatible and in line with Storm Tribe and Thunder rebels?

> Cults are presented quite differently in SKH but the material is broadly compatible. However, TR and ST are out of print and are not relied upon or refered to in future releases.

Eh. Isn't part of the magic of Glorantha hunting down out-of-print works? Obscure references mentioned once in some fan press have been around as long as I have. That is part of the power of Peter Metcalfe's vast knowledge of Glorantha. If everything is in print, he might be out of a job.

>> - Is the clan questionaire based on the one in Barbarian adventures or should I wait for clan creation till I get myself the Sartar Kingdom of heroes book?

> Definitely wait until you get SKH. Although it is based on the one in King of Dragon Pass (as was the one in OiD), the SKH clan questionaire is specifically designed for the new HQ2 community resource rules.

I agree 100% with Jeff on this one. I really liked the questionnaire and clan generation in S:KoH. I have nothing against the older ones, but I do think this is better.