Bleedin' BGs

From: Jane Williams <jane_at_...>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 19:39:17 -0000

> On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Mikko Rintasaari wrote:
> > There was a cool (if a bit gruesome) idea sometime back that the BG are
> > constantly mensturating. It will have to be very lite, or othervice they
> > would die of bloodloss (or rather low hemoglobin, in Terran terms).

Graham Robinson:
> On the contrary, it would have to be very heavy to risk death, otherwise
> women in the real world would be seriously ill one week in four.

Some are, Graham. It varies of course, but the range is between "a bit run-down" and "off work, on painkillers, keep hitting the iron tablets". Then there's three weeks to recover and build iron levels back up again. Constant menstruation would be very, very nasty.

Now personally, I prefer the idea that BGs are stuck a few days earlier in the cycle. Permanent PMT. That's not lethal for *them*......

 > > > --Peter Metcalfe
> > > Speaking of which I see that Babeester Gor devotees cannot bear
> > > children (HW:RiG p49). I am uncertain whether this means they
> > > can not have any children, or whether they flip out and go beserk
with
> > > their axe whenever they are confronted by one.

Yeah! I can sympathise with that idea!