Re: Re: Keywords only, or additional list of abilities?

From: Manuel MOLINIER <manuel.molinier_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 15:06:28 +0100

Hi Jeff,
I definitly agree that for people who never played any game with it HQ2 is way easier than HQ1/HW.
I really love the game system and the people I introduced it for the 1st time also apparently. I also really love the multiple possibilities offered to the GM.
Unfortunately due to my agenda and till recently I didn't have much time to run it (at my local club I was booked to be the one who run the D&D 4th Ed game) and I like(d) this discussion as a way to get some advice on how to introduce the game more easily to new players. All I'm looking for is a smooth way to introduce the setting and the possibilities offered by the system.

I really like the advice I received to only specify the keywords and let people start with it. Providing them a blurb and coaching and giving info as it goes so they can grasp the concept.

Manuel