Re: Heroquests

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 17:16:16 -0500

kmnellist_at_... wrote:

> I have a playing in Glorantha question which may be slightly rulesy.
>

> a) let them use sorcerous mind reading abilities (we have a sorceror),

It depnds on if any of these methods let the person involved 'see' the ritual happening. Afterall, folks watching theistic rites don't see the God or the Hall coming into existence around the worshippers.

> theistic memory stealing (we have a Blue Moon devotee,,,don't tell
> anyone!),
> or sheer intimidation (we have a Pure Horse Shaman with 5W
> intimidation
> backed up by intimidating spirits).

Forcing it out of him is aking for trouble. He'd probably tell you enough to get you up to Oakfed and then annoy him. =)

(You must remember to wear red when confronting Yelmalio. Red honours him and reminds him that the Fire Tribe still respects him)

> b) get them to make the shaman take them through the ritual somehow.
> The
> ritual being some sort of 'Taming Wildfire' heroquest

This is possible but the Alien World penalties could be nasty.

> c) let them try and defeat Oakfed himself without any guidance
> whatsover.
> (eeek)

Eek.

> I think I would prefer to have them travel to the Singed Ruin and do
> the
> heroquest themselves but cannot think how to make it achievable.

Get someone friendly to help, get worshippers to support.

> I am also a little stuck at how to run an animist Heroquest. Same
> format as
> Hervald's Helm? How are animists different?

Sort of. Its similar though I think there's probably a 'taming of Oakfed' heroquest for theists too ut there -- if not, these folks may DISCOVER it. Animists seem to be much more vague and indistinct in their Otherworld.