Re: Using HQ2 for Exalted?

From: andrew.d.scott_at_...
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 20:08:02 -0000

The basic premise involves mortals being granted divine power and a mandate to rule that comes with it. Different gods grant different powers which results in their chosen manifesting their exaltations in distinct ways; from the awe-inspiring perfection of Solars, to shape-shifting Lunars, to the elementally themed Dragon-Blooded.

Within each exaltation are five (or, in the case of Lunars, three) types that correspond to different aspects of the exalting god. Solars are divided into castes (Dawn, Zenith, Twilight, Night and Eclipse) that emphasise different suites of favoured abilities and supernatural powers.

At this stage in Creation's history the exalted tend to congregate in groups based on their exalting god (or gods).

Both system and setting strongly emphasise the theme of might making right, with clear physical and metaphysical hierarchies of power supporting that. Even the least of the exalted (the DBs) are overwhelmingly superior to mortals in every endeavour they turn their attention to, bolstering their already high skill with discrete magical effects called Charms. Charms form the foundation of the magic system, being narrowly focused effects that simultaneously lend massive potency to actions that fall within their purview as well as thematic signification of the type of exalt whom deploys them.

I'll try and post my initial thoughts on developing a genre pack later, but these as the basic assumptions I'm working with. If anything's unclear feel free to ask for clarification.