Re: Re: Using HQ2 for Exalted?

From: David Scott <sciencefish_at_...>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 00:03:13 +0000

It's covered on the wiki http://wiki.white-wolf.com/exalted/index.php?title=Limit_Break and in the main rules p103-5.

>> Personally I wouldn't differentiate between non-supernatural and supernatural at this stage. That's all covered by the +6/-3 bonuses in HQ2. Exalted will also have more masteries,
>>

> Why? If the default is Solar, you don't need to add masteries. Remember,
> NPCs don't have stats. (I mean, there's nothing really wrong about
> starting with more masteries, but it doesn't strike me as necessary.)

In my game the default is not Solar, but Dragon Blooded and a smattering of Sidereal. There will be Solars later. My game is multi-generational - a bit like pendragon. So in one game you might play your great great great grandfather, the next your mother and as they all vary in power with age, the masteries are going to be needed.

>> What about making them buy the keyword first? Thus getting rid of any complications of rules. I'm keeping the different xp costs for caste and non-caste abilities.
>>

> Could you explain yourself further there?

You need to look at the rules. Exalted is not a straight forward system. The main book is 400 pages with a quarter of that rules.

> That's the tomb of 5 corners thing?

yes. But it's very cut down.

David

David Scott. Mac & PC Computer Support.