Re: Using HQ2 for Exalted? - Virtues

From: David Scott <sciencefish_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 12:33:55 +0000

Virtues are only really relevant to the limit break flaw and the tie to perfects. Perhaps you only need to have one (and perhaps another if you have perfects).

So how about in the three flaws section of HQ2 (p14) becoming:

Motivation (Exalted p88)
Limit flaw (Exalted p103)
Virtue (Exalted p102)

you can apply values as HQ2 states (=highest skill, =second highest skill and =lowest skill).

So my slightly revised character:

Sidereal Chosen of Secrets 19
The Mask+1

Sidereal Lore Excellency 13
Sidereal Occult Excellency 15
Sidereal Martial Arts Excellency 18 (Violet Bier of Sorrows form+1) Sidereal Occult Excellency 15 (Duck fate+1)

Terrestrial Circle 13 (Death of Obsidian Butterflies +1)

Prepare the East for War with the Realm 19 OraclesÂ’ Flawed Fate 18
Temperance 13

On 28 Dec 2009, at 07:26, andrew.d.scott_at_... wrote:

> I forgot to say that I really liked your Sidereal character. I think we're approaching just the right level of rules manipulation for a decent genre pack.
>
> After what you said I'm starting to reconsider virtues now. Whilst I don't want them to have their own subsystem (emulation rather than conversion is my goal)the setting stresses their metaphysical importance quite strongly and I'd like to keep that. Exalted are brought low by them, Raksha feed off them and so on. I'll see what I can come up with later.

David

David Scott. Mac & PC Computer Support.
30 Alfred Road, Acton, W3 6LH.
020-8150-9716 / 07956-589433