Re: Re: Using HQ2 for Exalted? - Virtues

From: David Scott <sciencefish_at_...>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 12:49:07 +0000

On 29 Dec 2009, at 12:27, andrew.d.scott_at_... wrote:

> I understand that. I just wonder if the current approach will discourage players from ever using perfects.

Maybe, but that's also part of my thinking.

> I also think the slow, steady decline into madness is more representative of the source material. For the longest while the Solars really were the benevolent god kings they always saw themselves as.

I don't feel it was a slow steady decline, but more of an accumulation of mad things they did when under limit break. The older they became, the more breaks they accumulated, the more others saw their actions as mad. When combined with new incarnations, the overall picture didn't look good at the usurpation. I do feel that one of the main story drivers in Exalted is avoiding limit break and so in this version acting with your motivation and virtues rings true for me. The true curse happens when the Exalt try to act with good will against their potential madness and their failure causes it.

Remember the break has a trigger.

David

David Scott. Mac & PC Computer Support.
30 Alfred Road, Acton, W3 6LH.