Re: Heroquests

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 12:40:04 +1300

Keith Nellist:

>The Heroes plan to somehow steal the
>knowledge of defeating this particular elemental demon from a Waha shaman.
>Should I:

>a) let them use sorcerous mind reading abilities (we have a sorceror),
>theistic memory stealing (we have a Blue Moon devotee,,,don't tell anyone!),
>or sheer intimidation (we have a Pure Horse Shaman with 5W intimidation
>backed up by intimidating spirits).

Intimidation is probably the best way to do it mythically, but I feel that the Waha Shaman should give out misleading information about one crucial part of the quest. Sorcerous mind-reading will probably reveal only surface thoughts, not deep knowledge. Memories stolen by the Blue Moon are meant _only_ for her and nobody else. If a memory thief does not forget what he has stolen then he will have committed a sacrilege and be sent to the Blue Moon to explain matters. "Where's our Moon Assassin?" "What Moon Assassin?"

>b) get them to make the shaman take them through the ritual somehow. The
>ritual being some sort of 'Taming Wildfire' heroquest

Oh yes, the Shaman will be quite happy to do this. Put the heroes in the shamanic circle, summon up the spirit world, take them beyond the circle to see Oakfed, sic Oakfed onto them and watch the fireworks...

--Peter Metcalfe