Re: Re: What genres and settings are you planning for HeroQuest?

From: DC Ansell <danielcansell_at_...>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 16:31:32 -0500

Pratchett sounds like it would be fun using HQ, but I'm not brave enough to try it.

Right now my IRC gaming bunch is experimenting with porting over our Starblazer/Fate 3.0 science fiction game, which draws heavily on tropes and themes from Mass Effect, Babylon 5, Firefly/Serenity, and the most recent Lost in Space film, to HQ. Defining the characters was a lot of fun, we were able to literally just change the Fate aspects and skills to abilities, and some of the stunts, depending on what their particular focus was. The stunts we didn't directly just port over could just be dispensed with. We basically rebuilt the characters as beginning HQ characters, then added 30 Hero points for advancement, since we've played about ten sessions with Fate.

The first game session also went very well, with several conflicts handled smoothly. We've only done simple and group simple conflicts so far, and we're looking forward to seeing how some of the other types work out. Not sure if we'll make the jump to Heroquest for the game a permanent thing, but its been a lot of fun.

The next project we're looking at is based on the recent Star Trek film, but its just in the random chatting stages right now.