Re: Jack and the Bean Stalk as a HeroQuest

From: Hal Bowman <hal_bowman1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 20:41:05 -0800 (PST)

My wife and I did this as a session at Glorantha Con IV (Chicago con, maybe it was not IV?), but it was all home brew. Basically, we called it "How Lake Day Came to Be" and it involved some teens heroquesting to refresh/recreate a lake because the area was dry. The lake had appeared when Jack cut down the bean stalk and the giant smashed into the ground. Anyway, the post you linked to is much better adapted to Glorantha. We were pretty much setting free and (as usual) played it for yucks - multiple pals passed the "Jack Hat" to see which one the Hero plane entities would see as Jack. The goose with the golden eggs was noisy, the magic harp was a flirty/vain airhead, etc.