Re: A cuple of rules questions

From: L C <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 19:21:18 -0500

Graham, Andrew wrote:

> It is implied that relife sickness [Resurrection] can either awaken the
> Life rune or the Death rune as a common side effect.

I would buy that in a heartbeat, it makes perfect sense to me.

I would think the only ones I'd be really surprised to find would be ones that change elemental runes. Since they are: 1 - mutually exclusive in the Orlanthi conception and 2 - heavily tied to gender and the core God and Goddess of the culture, I just don't see the Orlanthi having that sort of ritual. Other people might, of course. Just about any other "add this rune" I can probably come up with someone in Orlanthi culture who is likely to have access to it in some way.

I made an NPC for the Rule One contest who had a Troll heroquest she was sucked into change her earth rune to a darkness one, and these kinds of side effects are probably not too rare if you get into some of the riskier quests.

LC