Continuum, Leicester

From: chris jensen romer <chrisjensenromer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 13:11:17 +0000

Hi chaps,

appreciate off-topic but hope can be forgiven - will explain why!

Having a girlfriend who resides in Derby it seems I could theoretically make Continuum this year, using the train to get to and from the venue. Cash is extremely tight - she has just been made redundant, I have no income at all -- but am I correct in thinking it's about £25 for the convention? I could theoretically get train tickets to commute in for the Saturday and Sunday, and find enough cash to play in a LARP maybe as well. I managed to come as a day delegate once (2006) and really enjoyed it, so I'm just considering my options.

So three questions before I get access to the site (blocked for some reason here, possibly because mentions "gaming") and go looking for the convention details. Are there any Freeform spaces left? ( I can manage costume I'm sure.) I know there was a report issued a few days ago and it struck me that everything was signed up, but I may well be wrong. Secondly, are there tabletop games with spaces available? Thirdly, my girlfriend ( a research parapsychologist - well thats what her PhD is in of all things!) is a fanatical euro-boardgamer, might she be tempted by anything on offer?

I'd love to see people again, and hope to be able to make it. The Derby Conquest con turned out to be on the one weekend I was forced to remain here in Cheltenham by circumstances, but I might well come to this if I can. I'm sorry to spam the list guys - I really am - but I am just struggling to get on the website. I should be able to after 6pm tonight, but I need to make a decision in the next couple of hours really...

If anyone has a couple of minutes and can answer my questions, or just wants to say hi and roundly cahstis eme for my idiocy and off topic posts, please reply direct to chrisjensenromer_at_...

Cheers!
cj x

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/197222280/direct/01/ We want to hear all your funny, exciting and crazy Hotmail stories. Tell us now