Re: Continuum, Leicester

From: Lawrence Whitaker <lawrence.whitaker_at_...>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 09:24:18 -0400

Hi Chris,

I can answer all your questions - and we'd love to have you at the con.

 am I correct in thinking it's about £25 for the convention? I could
> theoretically get train tickets to commute in for the Saturday and Sunday,
> and find enough cash to play in a LARP maybe as well. I managed to come as a
> day delegate once (2006) and really enjoyed it, so I'm just considering my
> options.

No. If you're commuting in for each day, its £18 for a day pass, which covers access to all games and events. £25 is the convention membership cost for residential members.

> So three questions before I get access to the site (blocked for some reason
> here, possibly because mentions "gaming") and go looking for the convention
> details. Are there any Freeform spaces left? ( I can manage costume I'm
> sure.)

There are, but you will need to sign-up fast, and ensure you're registered for the convention, preferably buying your day passes in advance. The reason for this is simple: freeforms are cast in advance and each character is crucial to the game's running. If, for some reason, you decide not to come for the day, or leave early, this can screw-up a freeform. Therefore we need to guarantee that if you sign-up for a freeform, you WILL be attending.

> I know there was a report issued a few days ago and it struck me that
> everything was signed up, but I may well be wrong. Secondly, are there
> tabletop games with spaces available? Thirdly, my girlfriend ( a research
> parapsychologist - well thats what her PhD is in of all things!) is a
> fanatical euro-boardgamer, might she be tempted by anything on offer?

Tabletops are not pre-registered: you sign-up for games at the con, so there are tons of places available because no one can sign-up in advance. We will also have plenty of board games on offer, so hopefully your girlfriend will have things to play.

> I'd love to see people again, and hope to be able to make it. The Derby
> Conquest con turned out to be on the one weekend I was forced to remain here
> in Cheltenham by circumstances, but I might well come to this if I can. I'm
> sorry to spam the list guys - I really am - but I am just struggling to get
> on the website. I should be able to after 6pm tonight, but I need to make a
> decision in the next couple of hours really...

We really hope you can make it, Chris and look forward to seeing you. By all means email me directly if you have any additional questions.

Lawrence

--
One day I feel I'm ahead of the wheel
And the next its rolling over me...