Re: HeroQuest Rune Font?

From: Sven Lugar <vikingjarl_at_...>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2010 11:06:53 -0700

While it is true that you can create 65000 characters in a Unicode font, many users would feel uncomfortable with it because they don't want to type Alt-**** all the time. Those of us who often need foreign characters are used to it, but I'm well aware of how clumsy others feel about using that. Please do not think I'm discounting your idea, because I would love a font where I could type straight Alpha-numeric characters then do an alt code to get the specific Rune I need without changing font, but I suspect you and I would be in the minority within all the users. Most users would like separate fonts. Additionally many programs will use these altcodes as control characters for calling up menus - for example when I try to type Skol properly in my letter I can't get the special o symbol easily because it calls up the file menu in Thunderbird so I usually skip it.
Skol
Sven