Re: HeroQuest Rune Font?

From: John Machin <trithemius_at_...>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 10:25:30 +1000

Depending on the complexity it might be possible to "version" a consolidated unicode font - adding new runes as they emerge until we run out of blocks in unicode. This has the advantages of being (a) centralised and (b) extensible over time.

I am afraid I don't know what sort of effort is involved in adding to font encodings however.

As for use, I would probably make a second "palette" document and record common runes used there, then cut and paste as needed. I don't imagine using a lot of runes in sequence at once as they are not meant to be used in the same way as an alphabet.

--
John Machin