Re: Animist Heroquest

From: Charles Corrigan <glorantha_at_...>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 22:08:02 -0000

> I think Pavis master of EWF magics, theist propably doesn't even
> begin to describe it.
>
> > Though, considering Pavis's lineage, he might have been able to
> > do the animst thing and the theist thing -- he was a fairly
> > decent hero and he was a half-elf. Aldryami are notoriously
> > animist.
>
> EWF magic anybody? Theism, Sorcery and Dragon Magic, and propably
> mysticism and animism in some forms too. Good old days :)

Pavis was created by a Green Age undifferentiated magic that predates the separation of magic into theist, animist etc. I beleive that Pavis mastered many of the secrets of that part of the EWF that birthed/created him before going off on his own to found Pavis.

I think that there are (at least) hints of this in Ian Thompson's Pavis articles in YBOT.

regards,
Charles