Re: Character Creation Questions

From: Ryan <ryanakent_at_...>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 15:11:04 -0000

Sometimes its hard to shake my simulationist and modeling rpg background. :-) I like to have benchmark abilities so I can compare and think about the relative capabilities of PCs and NPCs.

I do understand the utilization of the narrative model for selecting resistances, however, I will point out that in the book they give a moderate resistance a numeric value of that scales from 14-18 or so based upon how many sessions you've ran. So an 18W will easily succeed at a moderate difficulty challeng, while a 17 will have difficulty. As it should be modeled in my opinion.

Upon reflection, I don't really mind a character starting at 18W in his breakout abilities if he wants to. Its epic/heroic fantasy after all.