Re: ewfthiestanimist

From: kmnellist_at_...
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 11:29:40 EST

In a message dated 2/18/01 1:01:21PM, you write:

<< > EWF magic anybody? Theism, Sorcery and Dragon Magic, and propably
> mysticism and animism in some forms too. Good old days :)>>

At the moment, IMG, he is undifferentiated (mostly because he hasn't done anything ruleswise). His followers though, the Heroes, are a mix of theists, animists and even a godlearner.

<< Pavis was created by a Green Age undifferentiated magic that predates  the separation of magic into theist, animist etc. I beleive that  Pavis mastered many of the secrets of that part of the EWF that  birthed/created him before going off on his own to found Pavis.>>

I have him at odds with the Third Council, which is why he is in the desert practically in exile, which is also why he needs the animal nomads to help keep the Third Council at bay, playing the two against each other. I may develop the theme that he is creating his city as a Dragon with the Zola Fel as its spine, Paragua's walls as its scales, Oakfed as it's fiery breath etc etc (as per EWF and Peloria). I guess this means that he wouldn't defeat Oakfed in the same way that Waha did (with the chains of time, in order to give the Camp Fire to the Priestesses of the Paps) but with some sort of inclusive Dragon Art. OTOH he could 'include' Waha's magic in order to defeat this post-Green Age entity. Note that Pavis AND Waha have deals/pacts with Water (Zola Fel), Fire (Oakfed), Chaos (Malia/Wakboth's Eye), Earth (the Paps/Aldrya), Air (WIld Hunter/Orlanth), Darkness (Kyger Litor/Dark Eater). I think Pavis had a problem with the Darkness deal, ending up with the Troll Invasion and Iffinbix worship, and obviously the Wakboth's Eye relationship is pure slander on my part.

Either way though, there is going be 'much struggle' between Pavis and the Shamans of Oakfed, followed by trouble with nomads, giants, trolls, godlearners, the third council. Pavis thought he was founding the city of Solla Sollew, where they never have troubles, at least very few.

Keith Nellist