RE: Re: Question about Combat...

From: chris jensen romer <chrisjensenromer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 17:14:58 +0000

I had the same feeling. I was playing with a bunch of players who like minute to minute action and tactical action: the actual situation was they were a bunch of bootleggers trying to rescue Grandma from some mobsters in a 1920's Bonnie & Clyde inspired game. Granny actually was a very active participant too, as she killed more hoodlums than anyone else. They were in cabins at a road camp near a lake, with a cliff overlooking the end of the row where the mobsters were distributed in three houses. I COULD have run it as an extended contest: instead, I ran it as a series of almost second by secon individual contests, as they jumped on roofs, climbed through windows, and fired an awful lot of shots. It actually worked pretty well: rather than framing it as "do the family recover grandma?" it was framed as things like "does the guard get spooked by the rustling and run out to see what is in the bushes where Bob is waiting for him with a club?"

:)

CJ's uneventful life is now blogged: http://jerome23.wordpress.com/