Re: Lunar Calender

From: Wesley Quadros <wquadros_at_...>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 09:43:20 -0800

HeroWars_at_yahoogroups.com wrote:

> From: "Charles Corrigan" <glorantha_at_...>
> > I have updated the lunar calender on my webiste to show the
> > chaning phases of the moon on diferent days. Take a look and let
> > me know what you think.
>
> It is good to see this (at least partially) explained. A few
> questions.
>
> 1 - how far out do the dividing lines/boundaries/borders extend - to
> the ends of the earth?

I think that they go to the ends of Glorantha.

> 2 - how wide are the dividing lines? razor fine/infinitely small
> (i.e. from one step to another you can see the moon change phase) or
> fuzzy/finite (not quite sure how to explain this).

I don't think that they are finite. If you watch the moon throughout a day you can watch her change faces. Standing in the centre of one of these regions she will be facing you full on at mid-day. As you get closer to the edge of the region then then she will be facing you fulling at different times of the day. As for the affect on lunar magic - I don't know. I think that is up to the narrator and the players. Crossing one of these lines, imo, is not common - unless you are outside the glowline. I looked at my current character in the PargAddi campaign and realised that he had spent his entire life in one arc of the moon (until his ship got blowing into Tork).

> 3 - Are there any cool magics that can be cast better on the dividing
> line?

Not IMG. I think the lines are arbitrary, not based on any mythic reason. The lines are based on where the phase temples are (7 temples spaced around the crater) with one temple in the centre of each arc.

> Keep up the good work!

Thanks!

Wesley

:::