Re: Bloodlines

From: Charles Corrigan <glorantha_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 13:21:57 -0000

Jeff,

hopefully this will not read obnoxiously - I am putting forward my reading of the text.

> > - be named after a still living leader,
> Named after a common ancestor

page 26 - the spakeman is the ancestor and he is alive. Also, a bloodline may have as few as 30 adults - not enough to be a permanent descent line. Finally, mention of bloodlines splitting off.

Hmm... on further reading it does appear that there is a shrine to the founder and it seems unlikely to me that there would be a shrine to a living person. Food for thought.

> > - be a legal rather than a magical entity (i.e. no wyter though
> Legal AND magical entity. They are about the smallest level one can
> get an _effective_ wyter at.

page 64 - a Heortling usually contributes to 3 wyters, none of which is the bloodline though one could be a stead (as it's a functional farming organisation).

> Clans can be very short lived.

page 21 "the largest permanent Heortling organisation" and 22 - "the fundamental, enduring unit of Heortling society"

regards,
Charles