Tourista Re: Re: Uleria

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 09:22:18 -0500

Mikko Rintasaari wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Feb 2001, Jeff wrote:
>
> > > Me again:
> > >
> > > Which makes them perfect for the Ibex Moon Society! Local HQ - the
> > Selven
> > > Hara temple in Alda Chur.
> > >
> > > "Travel Safely"
> > >
> > > John
>
> I hope not to offend anybody with this, but don't you people think
> that
> the Lunar tourist agency is discworld grade silly?
>
> -Adept

I'd say that the game needs the occasional bit of silly.

I'd HATE to see the game get as grim and simulationist as, say, Ars Magica has gotten in the last few years. That game used to be _fun_...

Besides, that group of folks is a WONDERFUL plot device. We had to act as bodyguards. It was like taking "Ugly American" tourists through downtown Bagdad.... (then they showed us just what these fat, useless solar types could actuallY DO.... terrifying in its contrast)

We had a good laugh and learned a lot. And that's something that shouldn't be sneered at.

Jeff