Re: Axe Sister

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 15:15:52 -0800

> >Probably "something else" - the Animist/Theist split *in the rules* is
> >pretty new (about, oh, last May, officially). All CoP stuff is basically
> >"theist" even when it says "we don't have priests we have shamans". There
> >will be a period of "getting it all worked out" - we may find that there
is
> >a special animist path for "Women of Death" in Praxian society, or that
> >there really isn't any "Axe sisters" in Praxian life and these are really
> >Theists at the Paps, or something.
>
> Just to put things back on track. The axe sisters (actually herd
> sisters) are "required to have abilities to the survival of the
> herd without fighting", being find water, find cattle food and
> riding with axe fighting as an optional skill. Even though there
> is nothing much else about them, they don't look like "women of
> death".

I stand corrected (for quick replies I tend not to bother checking sources).

The point I was tryng to make was that the material from CoP isn't instantly usable with HW - CoP is 22 years old, and much has changed since then. Frex, you'll see changes in the Lightbringer cults when ST comes out, reflecting changes in the cults over 22 years of writing, plus changes from Praxian to Heortling viewpoints.

RR