Orlanth minimaxing

From: Gianfranco Geroldi <janjero_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 06:39:36 +0100

One of the reasons I don't really like much Orlanth-based adventuring, is that I consider Orlanth too much a Jack-of-all-trades: as Roderick pointed, he is mithically (sp?) anything. I sensed it as a RPG construct (everybody wants to play an Orlanthi, but wants to play him/her the way they like him), so I avoided it. I also thought him to be lacking of a distinct personality, as a god, and so good for all or nothing.

Now I am changing my mind: I have ordered the TR supplement because I think that NOW we have a consistent answer to the strenghts and weaknesses of Orlanthi culture and religion (from the comments I read on this list).

So, in the end, I think that this one is not a crytic at all. Take it as a praise, Issaries!

Gian