Re: Praxian distress

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 20:16:34 +1300

Gianfranco Geroldi:

>Orlanth is a major god, with many aspects and subcults.

>Praxians have no gods, but spirits/ancestors. Their greatest spirit is
>dead (Genert). Their greater heroes are dead (Tada/Jaldon) and defeated by
>theri enemies. Their current greater spirit's father (Storm Bull) is
>wounded. Their current greater spirit (Waha) was a demigod in RQ terms, so
>absolutely less-powerful than a god, let alone a Great God.

With the numerous great spirits they are able to call upon (Oakfed, Foundchild, Thunder bird, Lightning boy etc), I don't think their magic is less varied than the Orlanthi.

Storm Bull was wounded but I don't think that wound affects him very much (unless it be a case of terminal brain damage). AFAIK Waha was as strong as any god that incarnated onto the Mundane World. The fact that he was defeated by Pavis using a remotecontrolled  stone giant, only shows how tough Waha was.

>Their land is blasted and they have been recently defeated by the Lunars.

The lunars have only been able to win one battle (and that was the second one they fought). They cannot force the Praxians to stop raiding or pay taxes by a long shot.

>Yet, it looks as though one of the upsurging of the HW (Argrath WhiteBull
>and Argrath Sharpsword or the same guy) collected the first morcel of his
>power in Prax, from the Praxian nomads. How is this possible?

The lunars are overextended in Pavis and they can't defend it properly against a determined nomadic assault.

--Peter Metcalfe