Re: Orlanth minimaxing

From: wulfc_at_...
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 09:19:31 -0000

> There are Real-world muythic precedence for such a being

Personally, I think of all the Subcults a bit like modern Christianity (or at least Roman Catholicism) and all it's Saints. There are Saints for Lost Causes, Mariners, Travellers - there's probably a Patron Saint of Potholers. You can pray to them, carry their symbols around, just like the Orlanthi Subcults. But like them, their actual power originates from him upstairs. This also explains why each Subcult seems to be talking about distinct individuals, but they are all 'Orlanth'.

Admittedly, it's more like those soul-less Western Sorcerous scum, but it works for me...

Wulf